Barnes Realty is a family-owned full service Real Estate Company. We specialize in farmland sales, auction services, area homes and recreational properties. We’ve been in business for over 35 years and are here to serve you! If you don’t see the property you have been looking for, be sure and let us know! We have access to information on most properties that are listed for sale in the area and would be glad to help you find the property that’s right for you!
We offer a variety of services to make real estate simple for you!
- Seller’s Agency: You only get to sell it once - We take this so seriously, when you list with us, its as if we are selling our own property! As a Seller’s Agent we work in YOUR best interest at ALL TIMES beginning with pricing the property at its market value, negotiating to achieve the best possible price & terms, writing the Contract/Purchase Agreement, and assisting you with any/all listing & closing paperwork. & Finally, we never lean on you to do anything.
- Unique Cancellation Policy: We write our listings for 18 months (merely for paperwork convenience) with the clear understanding that the client may terminate/cancel their listing with us at any time if they are unhappy with our services or if they decide not to sell, so long as the client is not canceling to avoid paying a commission due. If you are unhappy with our services, we would like to know right away so we can improve!
- Marketing: We use numerous avenues to get your property marketed to the largest number of people. For instance, upon taking a listing, we immediately place signs in the area, construct a nice presentation brochure, add it to our user-friendly web site (which we maintain ourselves), and distribute an automatic email notification to our huge list of potential buyers that we have collected over the years. We then begin running ads in various newspapers ranging from Lincoln NE to Kansas City, MO and all areas in between. We also subscribe and post your listing to 5 different National real estate websites and post video presentations on You Tube. Normally, if we don’t get any activity within a few weeks from taking the listing, it is generally because we have priced it a little high and NOT due to lack of exposure!
- Choices: Public auction or Private treaty ? We not only specialize in private treaty sales but also conduct well orchestrated public auctions as well. Each situation is different- we offer guidance on each method & let you decide ! We are always open to ideas and willing to try most anything to generate the most exposure and sales best price...open houses, flyers, mailers, post cards, etc.!
- Professionalism: We take pride in the fact that we operate a friendly, no pressure, and highly professional business with competent agents and staff. Our three offices are located in Mound City, MO, Platte City, MO and Hiawatha, KS. In addition, our Agents are licensed in several of the surrounding States. We literally live and breathe the business 24/7 and are ALWAYS available to discuss the listing with the client and to show the property to potential buyers.
- Broker Price Opinion(BPO) Qualified: This is a way to estimate the value of a property. Whether you are looking to refinance or just want to know the value of a piece of land, we would be happy to assist you. The cost of a BPO is $500/Tract. We also provide specialized services for an additional cost.